May 23, 2018
Subscription Verification Fix
This release fixes a bug with activation and startup verification of subscription licenses. Previous releases of API Studio may show a message like one of these on an attempt to activate a new subscription license:
Active subscription licenses may show a message like this on startup, or on an attempt to use a feature that requires a license check:
Users of API Studio for Eclipse can cancel out of the dialog, run Help > Check for updates to install the latest release, and restart Eclipse.
Users of API Studio Desktop will need to perform some extra steps to complete the update:
- Close any running instance of API Studio Desktop.
- Open the folder containing the license file:
- If the folder exists and contains a reprezen.lic file, rename it to reprezen.lic.bak, or another name.
- Start RepreZen API Studio.
- In the License Activation dialog, activate the free 15-day trial.
If the free trial has already been activated and has expired, open a support ticket to request a temporary license key that does not require a subscription verification. Then select Activate a new or existing license key, enter or paste the temporary key into the dialog, and click Finish to activate it.
- Run Help > Check for updates to install the latest release. API Studio will restart at the end of the update.
- Click Help > RepreZen Help > License Information, click Change key..., and activate your subscription license key.