RepreZen API Studio requires 64-bit Java 8, and requires that the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the JDK directory.
Verifying Java Version and Bitness
To verify the version and bitness of your Java installation, you can run java -version from the command line. You should see output like this:
C:\TOOLS>%java_home%\bin\java -version java version "1.8.0_91" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)
Note that the last nice specifies "64-bit". If you see a message that does not specify bitness, this indicates that you are running 32-bit Java. You will need to follow the directions below.
Reinstalling API Studio with a 64-bit JDK
If you are still seeing an error message from API Studio or the automated installer about this requirement, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Uninstall RepreZen API Studio using the automated uninstall utility.
- In Windows: Control Panel / Programs / Programs and Features / RepreZen API Studio
- In Mac OS: there is no automated uninstall. Proceed to the next step.
- Make sure the RepreZen API Studio directory is removed completely.
- In Windows: By default, this will be the RepreZen/API_Studio directory under your home directory.
- In Mac OS: This is the ~/RepreZen directory created during installation.
- Reinstall the JDK.
- It is important to install the 64-bit JDK with 64-bit operating systems. A 32-bit JDK will not work correctly, and may display an error on startup.
- We recommend that you install the latest JDK from the JDK download page.
- Make sure the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the JDK directory.
- Reinstall RepreZen API Studio, using the automated installer.